Glen Moore
Glen Moore, Technician
Experience:  20 + years of experience in home and business security.
15045141

My Swann DVR keeps rebooting every few minutes. It is not

My Swann DVR keeps rebooting every few minutes. It is not due to the power going out as I have been watching the green light. Also, I have no control. I cannot access the menu. I have tried cycling the power, and leaving it off for 30 minutes. The HDD light remains steady on also. This just started yesterday. Any ideas??

-John
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Glen Moore replied 2 years ago.

Glen Moore : Hello,Courtesy and respect for my time and efforts is greatly appreciated. Please work with me until I can either help you or opt-out. Thanks! Do have a different hard drive that you can try? Also if you are getting a clicking noise that you have never heard before that also point to a hard drive failure.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Glen. I do not have another hard drive to try, unfortunately. Also, I don't hear any clicking or any unusual noises now or previously. The unit is still under warranty, so I'll probably contact Swann this week. Have you had others experience this problem? This is the 2nd DVR I have. A channel went out in my first one. I'm starting to question the reliability of the Swann product.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, just a sideline question. Will the Swann cameras work with other manufacturers DVR units?
Hi,Good choice to return the unit. It is really just a mass produced consumer unit and one that people buy because it is convenient. Your cameras will work with other dvrs. I realize they cost more but look around on Ebay for a name brand separate unit. Swann comes through here a lot for all kinds of different problems, mostly software and remote viewing issues. The quality of the cameras in the prepackaged systems can also leave a lot to be desired.
Glen Moore, Technician
Experience: 20 + years of experience in home and business security.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Bought from Costco just for home use. I didn't expect anything top notch. Ok, well have a great day! Thank you!