Glen Moore
Glen Moore, Technician
Experience:  20 + years of experience in home and business security.

How do I turn off the chime

Customer Question

How do I turn off the chime
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Glen Moore replied 4 years ago.

Courtesy and respect for my time and efforts is greatly appreciated. Please work with me until I can either help you or opt-out. Thanks!

What is the system make and model?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ademco k4392v2 m69

punch in your four digit usrt code and then press the [code] button. Repeat the process to turn it back on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just moved into house I do not know four digit usrt code. ? the Code button, do you mean the button that says Chime on it?
Ues...sorry I meant the chime button. Can you open the main box and tell me what model it is?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ademco Model # XXXXX then it says M6983
Are you getting these numbers from the keypad where the buttons are? I actually need the model numbet on the main control panel which would be located on a closet or cabinet somewhere in the house.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Trying to locate box I took numbers off inside of panel, but will find alarm box and give you information as soon as I can locate
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ademco keypad , Vista 15 P Series, also saw K4664mx 9/01, and K5307-1V1 4/02

On the Vista series of panels there is a master user code and an installer code. If you do not know the master code we can still POTENTIALLY get a code to work if the panel has not been locked out by the original installer. Try entering the code 4112 and then the chime button and tell me if that works?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried hitting 4112 and the chime button, this did not turn off the chime. What else should I do?
The panel may be locked out. The only other thing that we can try is a complete power down to try and set new code. Here is the sequence. In the main control panel you will need to disconnect the battery (looks like a small brick). Just pull one of the leads off either the red or the black, does not matter which one. The you will need to find the transformer which is plugged into an electrical outlet somewhere in the house. It is about 3" x 4" and usually tan or white in color. Unplug the transformer for few seconds and then plug it back in. You will then need to go to the keypad within 50 seconds and press the [*] and [#] AT THE SAME TIME (both together). Press the [*] key and then the [2] key and then the [0] key. You should now see the #20 flashing. Enter four digits that will be easy for you to remember. After you do that then press the [*] key then the [9] key and the [9] key again. If this sequence has not been "locked out by the original installing company the you should now have a new installer code, the four digits that you entered. Now try the new code and press the "chime" button to see if it works.