Glen Moore
Glen Moore, Technician
Experience:  20 + years of experience in home and business security.

I have a Honeywell alarm system, K4392V2, M6983 REV. I need

I have a Honeywell alarm system, K4392V2, M6983 REV. I need to set it to beep when someone comes into the house when the alarm is NOT set. It used to warn me, but my kids fiddled with it and it has stopped giving me warning that a door has been opened.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Glen Moore replied 5 years ago.

Glen Moore :

Hello, I am here to help you with any home or business security system questions. I will try my best to help answer your questions. Thank you!

Glen Moore :

I will need to know what model of alarm you have. Open the MAIN control panel door and find out what panel it is.

Glen Moore :

I believe that you are refering to the "chime" on the keypad. Without knowing all the details I will try to help anyway. Most Honeywell keypads have a chime feature on the keypad. To activate the chime feature enter your four digit user code and then press the "chime" button. The chime icon or word should then appear on the keypad screen. You can turn it off by doing the process again, it simply toggles it on and off.

That did it! Thanks so much~