HelloI need some techniques to secure my home without using electronic .I Can learn some of the ways the primitiveand also the modern .But without using electronic That's the first oneThe second I want to know what is the electronic usually used for secure home ?please provide some pictures to it or URL to read full information about itRegards
First to secure your home without electronics...
1. Good locks, make sure you have good door locks on all external doors, deadlocks provide a stronger protection than normal locks, consider adding tower bolts (drop bolts) to all french doors and ranchsliders..
2. Security stays to windows add extra protection to windows
3. Leave a light on at night when you go out, consider a timer on lights to turn them on at dusk and off at 11pm if away overnight
4. Clear vegetation away from the front of the house and around the back if neighbours can see over the fence, burglars don't like feeling they can be seen
5. Consider security lights outside to come on automatically if they see movement outside at night
6. Have someone clear your mail and park their car in your drive when you are away for an extended period
For information on alarms:
You should consider a few PIR sensors as a minimum but for added protection you can add perimeter protection as well..
Also check this link:
Try and avoid being tied into long term monitoring contracts, if you have good neighbours you might not need the alarm monitored at all. Most importantly shop around and do not be swayed by pushy sales people who get maximum bonus's for selling people into long term monitoring contracts...
Remeber there is no such thing as a free lunch, monitoring contracts can reduce the installation costs but you will always pay more for the monitoring than you would if the installation was not sponsored..
Really Great answers ,but I didn't live in a lone homeI'm in flat at a tower , I want to secure the flat .How could I do that also without electrnic tools .Thanks
No problem... Attention to locks is obviously more important, any point of entry from a common area into your flat should have good locks... If you are using the same keys as the previous owner consider having the locks changed, you don't know who may have had past access to those keys. Ensure your main door has a peephole and a chain.
Invest a few dollars for some security stickers, they will act as a deterent... Put on the outside of any door that is to the common area. Any Radioshack type store will sell them...Also consider buying a personal alarm, they too are only a few dollars... Consider buying a timer to power a radio at sufficent volume that it can just be heard from outside your door, as for the lights use when you are not there to give the illusion someone is home..
Hello again You said " Consider buying a timer to power a radio at sufficent volume that it can just be heard from outside your door "Please give me its Scientific name .and if you have url for that specially .and how I can configure it .Thanks
This is the sort of thing I was thinking about:
Obviously you will want one configured for your country... You can buy one from your local hardware store... They will come with instructions...