Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Jandy Pro Series LXI gas heater for my pool. We got

I have a Jandy Pro Series LXI gas heater for my pool. We got a lot of rain the other day and when my heater starts now it starts up and when it comes time to ignite it trips the circuit for my heater and my pool pump. What could possible problem be.
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: the pool filter and pump
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no I am just getting a general idea so I understand what may be going on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the pool heater is underneath the corner of my house and when it rained there was a steady stream of water into the heater

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It sounds like you have a short in the ignition circuit. Given the recent rain isue it could be due to the circuitry being wet

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I opened the heater front cover and ran a fan into the heater unit to try and dry out the inside. I ran it all day but it continues to do the same thing. I turn the heater on and the blower comes on for the regular amount of time and when it discovers the water is less temp than the desired temp it tries to ignite and it trips the GFI circuit by my heater. I have included a picture of the front of my heater. In the picture I have put an arrow to (as the manual describes it ) the air chamber. Can the cover be taken off of that to check for more water in that area or not? I am no expert I just want to see if there are anythings I can check to see if I can get it working. If not will call a repair technician.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I do not want to do a phone call. If I keep getting charged for everything I do on here I might as well just go ahead and contact a repair technician before my bill gets too high.

The call prompt is automatic. I have no control over it. We can continue here. You're indicating the combustion chamber. Yes that fron panel can be removed. It's possible the source of the short could be in there is it's still very wet but it's more likely an iussue with the control

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I started taking it off yesterday when I got to the bottom screw and took it off water was coming out. I will try that and let you know. Thanks Rick

Ok

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I took the cover off and there was water in that compartment. I drained water and dried with a fan for a good couple of hours. When I turned the heater on it did work. Thanks for your help

You're welcome