canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

Should the bare copper ground wire that leaves my box and

Should the bare copper ground wire that leaves my box and runs to the ground rods run through conduit inside the home? The old ground was exposed

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

The ground wire is not required to be in conduit unless it is in an area that could be damaged. An example of that would be if it were running outside in an exposed area in which case it would then require conduit for the section that is exposed to damage. If it does require conduit then it cannot be NEC.

NEC is metal conduit.