Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a chamberlain garage door opener bought in August

I have a chamberlain garage door opener bought in August 2016. Just recently I have been unable to close garage door with remote or wall button. However, I can open garage door with remote and wall button. To close I have to go to the unit and push a lower button and door will close. Anything I can do?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I don't understand. A garage door opener has a thermostat and filter!?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why would a garage door opener have a thermostat and where would it be located? Thank you.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to unless it is too complicated.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

1-) The make CHAMBERLAIN and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be 1 YEAR and if you are the original owner YES

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes ONLY OPENS

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? YES AND NO

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
1) Part#41D7675, FCC HBW7675, IC 2666A7675 2) I am original owner, bought garage opener Aug, 2016 3) Safety Sensors NOT working, NOT steady NOT flickering (so, I suspect this may be the issue? 4)Has working wall control. Have one(1) remote control 5) Blinks several x then stops, yellow learn button 6) No disruption that I'm aware of 7) No idea 8) Yes, to equipment 9) chain belt 10) I'm sure manual came with opener but don't know where it is.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No call.

Yes that is probably the problem......the safety sensors need to be functioning......a steady light on both

do you think somehow it became disconnected? .......or out of alignment?......or a short possibly a staple being put though it

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Looked at the wires and they seemed ok,not sure about the alignment but I did move sensor a bit and it didn't seem to make any difference and staples seem ok

being only a year old it would be odd that you need new ones .........so you are going to have to check and re-check ............if you have enough wire to each you can take them off the bracket and bring them closer to make them line up................if not we can test them by plugging directly into the opener because maybe the wire went bad .....................If you can answer how many times the LED blinks for me too

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Odd, just tried wall control and remote control several x and garage opener worked successfully. However, sensor lights have not come on, not flickering. Perhaps when I adjusted the sensors it triggered a positive reaction but something doesn't seem right if sensor lights are not flickering. Not sure what else you can think of but if you do please let me know.

I don't know if you may have misunderstood but they should NOT be flickering .......they should be steady on........yes maybe it did somehow become aligned........it doesn't have to be pinpoint ...just close and the lights on steady

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That''s what is odd. Sensor lights are not on period yet garage door opener works. Not sure what else can be done since opener is somehow working.

were you able to get me that number of blinks? and the Chamberlain model or number

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I tried opener 2 x and I saw NO blinks. Before it started working I believed it blinked 2-3x.

and the Chamberlain model or number?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Gave that to you already but again part#41D7675, FCC HBW7675, IC 2666A7675

that number isn't working.............is it a Security+ model?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Numbers I gave you came off of the back of unit. There was a very small# ***** addition to ones I gave you: 132B2956Bi did NOT see any other numbers.

well I am sure they are all the same .........I was looking at another 2016 model.........but anyway ............I would maybe redo the ends of the stranded wires by twisting them good and then reconnect them ...............it could make a difference and let it function at its optimum so it doesn't quit on you at a bad time ..........but let me know

Thanks

one other thing do you have a lock button on the wall control and is that blinking?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Are you talking about the stranded wire to the sensor near the garage floor?

actually I was talking about all the connections wherever they insert into a device......on the sensors and the opener itself.........it won't take you long ...............do them one at a time so they go back in the same area................but if you feel that everything is now operating like it should then keep it in mind and do it the next time

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your help!Charlie

you're very welcome ...........I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive 5 star rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>