Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have an idrive garage door opening. I would like a

Customer Question

I have an idrive garage door opening. I would like a telephone # to call for support and to order a part. Thank you, Dan
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: one year
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The part is the security light with diffuser. The garage door opens only part way. After adjusting the light bulb, the door only works a time or two.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 days ago.

Idrive is made by Wayne Dalton and they went out of business a few years back...........it may not be the light ........if you could answer a few questions ..........

1-) The make WAYNE DALTON and model IDRIVE and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Eddie, I goofed (Dan's wife). The only problem is the light which is not working. The bulb is okay. Dan would like to speak you by phone, but is there an additional charge beyond the $23 to speak by phone? Thank You!
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 days ago.

yes there is an additional premium charge .......but if you want to take a little time to answer those questions maybe we can get closer that way

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How much is a new security light with diffuser? Where do we get it?
Expert:  Eddie replied 8 days ago.

check online at Home Depot or Lowes

Expert:  Eddie replied 5 days ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie