Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I was trying to backwash my sand filter and it was stuck and

I was trying to backwash my sand filter and it was stuck and I broke the plastic handle. The actual handle is fine, the gray piece that connects the handle to the valve is broken. Can I fix it? Is there a way to rig it meanwhile? The picture of the filter before it broke are attached.

I looked for that part and it seems they only sell the whole valve ..............not just the top or handle .......can you send another photo of how it is broken now ..........a pair of vise grips may help you temporarily .......but when you send the photo I can get a better idea

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I found it and ordered it. It's one piece that turns and connects to the handle. It was only 35 bucks compared to 200+ for the whole valve.

excellent !! I am glad that worked out for you .........and thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>