canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

I have an Intertherm electric water heater in my mobile home

I have an Intertherm electric water heater in my mobile home that has been unoccupied for several months. My new renter says there is no hot water and he has pushed the red reset button but still no hot water. What are we doing wrong?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: I have looked for a model number but cannot find one. The make is Intertherm.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes assuming that it is a matter of learning how to restart the water heater. This has not happened before.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If it would help, I can go back to the water heater and look more diligently for a model number.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Did they check that the breaker is not tripped in the electrical panel box too? Was the water heater empty while it was unoccupied?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Mike,Yes, checked the breakers and water heater was not emptied while unoccupied.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would prefer to get help in writing so that I don't forget to write something down from a conversation and still not have resolution to my problem.

The breaker was or was not tripped? Was the reset button tripped?

The site prompts you for the phone call option. Sorry that was not me.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Breaker was not tripped. I pushed the red button and did not hearing anything
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Mike, are you with me?

The voltage would have to be tested to see if there is voltage getting to the element. If there is not voltage then it is .....still typing

a failed breaker in the panel. If there is voltage then turn the power off and test the continuity on the element. If there is not continuity then the element is burnt out and the element would need replacement. None of the repairs will be very costly but some testing will have to be done to determine what is at issue. It surely is one of those.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks Mike. Where are you located? It sounds like I need a house call.

Oh I wish I could. They never let us out of the internet tubes!