Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I cannot find my doorbell transformer. I installed a ring

I cannot find my doorbell transformer. I installed a ring security camera to my doorbell. It worked for several weeks and then got balky and died. From the ring hotline I'm told that the transformer may be bad. Where is that? Near the indoor mechanical chime box? I can't see it. Inside the wall?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Part time for a couple of days.it worked properly for 6 weeks, then sporadically. Now nothing.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I could locate the transformer, I could replace it myself.

Hi .................what is usually done they leave the transformer in a basement, a utility room, by the service panel or a closet so it can be replaced ............if you have a basement look in the rafters close by your door(s) .........as you probably know it is only about 2 x 2 inches so you have to look good ............hopefully through the years they didn't bury it ...................please let me know ......good luck

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>