canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

I would like to mount a TV on the wall above my fireplace

I would like to mount a TV on the wall above my fireplace and would like to hide the cables. I drilled a hole in the wall to find out my options. I have about an inch between the wall and brick. Stud running horizontal about half way up and something running vertical on the left.I drilled a hole in the side and didn't have much room there, I was using a fish line.I think my only option is the the ceiling and down to a hole above the stud that's in the middle.Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Is it a wood burning fireplace or gas insert? Is there a second floor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wood burning. There is an attic that is accessible above this.

Well that certainly works in your favour. You certainly will have to bring the wires up through to the attic. You can tie the power into an outlet wire that serves the room that the tv is in by adding a junction box at the splice. The connection must be in a junction box. Also be aware that the tv power cord cannot go inside the wall. You would add a recessed outlet behind the tv. Also, if you use conduit you do not want all of the cables inside the same conduit. The electrical wire may cause interference.