Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My door won't work. making a soft clicking sounds from

Customer Question

my door won't work. making a soft clicking sounds from inside the box and wall switch light blinking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just want to know what I should do
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) Do you have 2 safety sensors on your door?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lift master professional 1/3 hp. No manual, 6 years.has 2 sensors, wall control, 2 remotes, ceiling unit light continues to flash at fast frequency, learn button is brown, no apparent disruption but have occasional outages. No other equipment used, has a chain. Motor does not come on at all, just a constant fast clicking sound coinciding with the light blinking. I can try fix it
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

where it sounds like we can start is a shattered gear ...............yours isn't that old but maybe it got frequent use ............also some of the parts are nylon and become brittle after a while......

so unplug the opener and look onn top for the drive shaft connecting to a gear........you might have to remove one screw on a plate to see ...........look for broken pieces

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie