Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Handyman
Experience:  Work on all parts of home construction & maintenance
2926636

Second opinion] the grout where the back splash and counter

Customer Question

Second opinion] the grout where the back splash and counter top join is cracking out. What is best way to remove and replace it?would some kind of caulking be a better solution?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

I would remove any loose grout and clean the surface with disinfectant wipe or if really has some built of grime a good grout cleaning spray and wipe with clean cloth... Take sample piece of removed grout piece and pictures to your local home improvement store so can find a close color match caulking (CLICK HERE to see link for example). Can then apply a smooth new line of caulking along the seem for a clean transition between the counter and back splash.

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You