Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My Canon MG7720 printer is complaining that the cartridge

My Canon MG7720 printer is complaining that the cartridge for the Cyan color is almost out of ink. I may never use color when printing; I have not done so thus far, only black and white. If I can't print just black and white, no color, and if I have to buy color cartridges, I may have to buy a different printer. What do you recommend I do with my fairly new printer to make it print only black and white? Or what printer can I buy that I don't need to purchase color cartridges all the time?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is the first time I have been stopped due to colored ink running out. I have replaced my black cartridge once so far.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Printing? Yes, I'm printing. Maybe I don't know what you mean by work. What sort of thing needs to be done?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that that is the problem in a nutshell. I don't want to buy color cartridges when I'm only printing in black and white. I would like to print with color on rare occasion, but not if I have the expense I'm looking at for replacing cartridges this often. I have had the printer since last July or so.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm going to bed soon. I do not like to do texting on my cell phone. Of the methods you list, I prefer e-mail.Thank you!

Hi ...........what probably happened is that the ink where it disperses from has dried out from non use..............what you can try is remove the cartridge and with a soft cloth slightly dampened with alcohol and wipe that part.......get off any dried out parts.......replace and then go to your software for the printer and under maintenance clean the color cartridge...........hope that works for you

thanks

eddie

Hi maybe every once in a while you should run something in color that way it keeps the ink a little fresher

and thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>