Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

The fan on my bathroom light fixture is not working. This is

The fan on my bathroom light fixture is not working. This is a 20 year old unit that has 3 components with each having it's own switch.
1. Light
2. Fan
3. Heat light bulb - this has a timer switch that doesn't work anymore.The combined unit is recessed into the ceiling. What is the simplest way to get things working correctly again? Can I just replace the fan or get it fixed? I'd have to put in a new timer switch on the wall too. I can send a picture from my phone after you reply.Or is this something that I can just buy a new combined unit?

It would probably be best to replace the whole fixture.......lots of times if you replace one part .............a month later you're replacing another..........and the heating coil on that probably isn't as efficient as it used to be ...................see if the new combined unit will come with a timer

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm worried about the size of the unit itself. Would there be an issue with fitting in the hole?

what you would do is take your present dimensions and match them to the new one

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I just measure the opening? What is the language for getting unit with exhaust on the proper location?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this something a handyman can do?

yes the drywall opening only............the exhaust goes up ........make sure you have it vented outside

yes it is a moderately difficult task

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>