Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Maybe. I always used a key on my sentry safe. I tried to

Customer Question

Maybe. I always used a key on my sentry safe. I tried to open the handle now and found I locked myself out. The key button is out, but the safe won't open
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: From the tag on the front... al901742
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just tried the dial back and forth, and the key. Pushing the button in and unlocking it again. Nada
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it I guess
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

hi can you tell me what brand it is and could you upload a photo ..............it would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't find a printed model number anywhere on the safe. However, I did attach a picture of the safe and also a picture of a small tag placed at the lower hinge on the front. The AL number was also on a tag on the bottom edge of the black front panel.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I think you said you don't have the combination but see if some of this instruction will re set it ............another thing to try is tap on the door with a mallet while holding up the handle to jar it loose

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see any included instructions in your last message. I did tap on the door all around the edge with the handle up and the pin out. No luck. I noticed in the on-line manual at Sentry Safe they said to use the factory code. However, I don't have that. Do you?
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry I forgot to paste the instruction.............

1-) pull the handle up

2-) insert the key and turn it to open

3-) turn the combination dial two full turns to the left to clear if this doesn't work try it next time to the right 2 full turns

4-) turn it to the right to your first combination number

5-) one full turn left and then to your next number

6-) last turn to the right to the next number

you might have to turn the key last then try the handle......you can try a few different sequences

I will work on that factory code I think I saw it somewhere on my data sheet

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Instructions are if a combination in known. I don't know mine.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Try calling Sentry first with the numbers on the tag maybe they will give you an overide combination

If you're not sure of your combination, you can retrieve it from the manufacturer in the following way:
You will need to fill out the form below, follow all instructions………. get it notarized and submit it to the safe's manufacturer
http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

Please keep in mind that no combinations are available on the internet for your protection and security and after proving your ownership of the safe, the manufacturer is the only one that has the original combination on file and can release it to you and no one else.

If you need to speak to Sentry Customer Service to explain your extenuating circumstances, here is their contact information:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/ContactUs/Call_Or_Email_Us

Customer Service: 1-***-***-**** (hours are 8AM-6PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time, but are subject to change). Fax: ***-***-****

If this is an emergency situation, your only other alternative is to call a certified locksmith/safe technician. After providing proof of safe ownership/identity, the technician should be able to retrieve your combination from Sentry on the spot if you don't have it. This would, of course, be a more costly way to proceed, but only if necessary. You can try any certified local locksmiths/safe technicians in your area or this company, below, which has offices nationwide; they may have a branch in your town:
http://www.clearstar.com/

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie