Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My 1/2 H.P. Lift Master garage opener do not open. Every

Customer Question

My 1/2 H.P. Lift Master garage opener do not open. Every time, just flash lights a few time then stop flashing. How can I fix it?
Joseph
Torrance, CA
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

1-) The make LIFTMASTER and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) Do you have 2 safety sensors on your door?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The Model # is 2000SD. The opener has a screw drive. Looks like, it has one safety sensor (With the Model #, you should know the answer of this and some other questions.). The Motor is working. When I try to open the door, the door does not move. I hear the motor sound. The flashing light blinks ten times then stop. Please, let me know, how to fix it!
Expert:  Eddie replied 17 days ago.

the problem is stemming from the safety sensors .......there should be 2 of them.....can you find the other one in your house?.................Home Depot will have them for about 40. ..............then the eye beams have to meet until there are 2 steady non flickering lights on both........let me know when you can get that

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What is safety sensor? Do you mean Garage door opener? I do have two Garage door openers. What is eye beam? The Model # is 2000SD. There is no change in any equipment came with this Garage door system.
Expert:  Eddie replied 17 days ago.

these are safety sensors..........

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Chamberlain-Garage-Door-Opener-Replacement-Safety-Sensors-2-Pack-801CB/100651226

they have those brackets that mount tothe garage doors rails about 6 inches up from the floor ........these are mandatory equipment on door openers since 1993..........their function is to reverse the door when the beam is broken by we'll say a small child or animal who can get crushed by the door .............if someone took these off at one time then not only does it break the law and pose a hazard it cause your door not to function properly

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do have two safety sensors. As I told you that I have all the original equipments installed. Nobody took any thing from my house. Please review my answers carefully, give me a useful solution.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It is already more then 24 hours! How come, I still do not get any response?