Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Ryobe first strike 18g finish nail gun wont shoot. the led

ryobe first strike 18g finish nail gun wont shoot. the led blinks slowly. warning label states to take it to have it repaired with no other information other than the problem is internal

Hi .......................how old is the nailer and how long has it been in use before this happened ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The gun was bought used, its about 2 years old so its not covered under warranty

what probably is happening is dust and debris is collecting and clogging or slowing down the drive piston..........there is the cover for that on the front of the machine............remove the battery and unhinge this cover..........you will find tracks that you could clean out with a compressed dust off and then with just a couple of drops of oil lubricate the track at the top and down toward the bottom some........close the cover and at the very top put a little more at the top ..........make sure there are no nails ...............replace the battery ................engage the safety point it downwards.............and dry shoot the gun so the piston will finish lubrication and will extend down to where it should

Let me know

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did all that no luck

next thing is to give it a good internal cleaning .........which means taking it apart ...........would you be comfortable with this ?............or a tool repair

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision or better yet your problem was resolved..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>