Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My sentry safe does not open. When the combination is

Customer Question

My sentry safe does not open. When the combination is entered there is an internal "click", but the safe does not open and the handle goes way too far.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is about 5-7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I will have to go to the other room for the make and model
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not see a male pr mode bad typing --- I do not see a make or model om the sav
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

It is likely that your safe needs lubrication. Not with grease, oil, nor WD40, which can each and any of them gum up the workings.

A safe lubricant, otherwise known as lock lubricant, can be found in a good hardware store. It is made of powdered silicone-based stuff, and is to be blown into the crack at one side of the door where the latches keep and hold the door shut.

I hope that helps... if not, your safe has a severer problem that is probably going to need either being broken open, or having a locksmith called in (possibly, to break it open himself.)

If you need further information, let me know, please, and I will continue to advise you.