Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

1/3 hp liftmaster remotes will open door but will not close

1/3 hp liftmaster remotes will open door but will not close beams are aligned and door will reverse if I break the beam
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: on and off for a week sometimes they work
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi..............

what I would like to do is erase the transmitters then a hard reset and then and re program.......then we will get more creative as we go

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the LEARN button on the opener for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 12 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
did not help I will replace batteries in remotes opener in car also stopped working (built in to mirror)

okaY .......then if you can try that hard re set again........it all has to be done in that order

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok going to Lowes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
new batts no good lite comes on when pushing learn holding remote on till lite at learn blinks lite bulb on moter does not blink
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
doorbell button works fine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
does it matter if the door is open or closed

what state do you reside ?.............because the cold weather will affect the sensors ..............does it seem like that is happening ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
naples fl 84 degrees

well it isn't that ...............what is it doing wrong now?.................and when did it start acting this way?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I got a new car without a built in opener. I have two openers I got from garage door people they always worked.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wont open or close

well to tell you the truth the hard re set and re programming should have worked unless the logic board is faulty now ..........how old is the opener ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
works fine with wall switch 10 years old

it will because that is hard wired .........all I can say is try it one last time on the reset...........after that you might want to try a remote a Klik2u will work because it has a sender and receiver ..............butjust keep in the back of your mind that a life expentancy for a gargae door opener is 10 to 12 years

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
klik2u ????
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I hold the button on remote LED on motor blinks rapidly

how many times before it pauses?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Lots of times. Can't count them

well go through the re set again ..........after that like I said other measures will have to be taken

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Talk. Tomorrow if possible u

sure .............have a good night

Thank you for the positive rating............ I hope you were able to make an informed decision..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>