ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  35+year experience in business
20893398

How can I change this light bulb?

Customer Question

How can I change this light bulb?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why you appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

I have a similar lamp in my office. Mine has a ring that needs to be unlocked.

Can you take another photo, maybe without a flash to get a more clear look at the bulb?

Thanks

Don

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the best I can do.

Sorry the photo is just not clear enough for me to see the ring around the bulb. Is it possible to get a closeup without a flash. Take a look around the edge of the bulb and look for a snap ring.

Try a little different angle

If you can't see a lock ring around the edge, the next thing I would try is holding the base and turning the top half of the fixture counter clockwise and see if the whole thing will unscrew.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no ring and wont budge

My thought is the bulb is placed in there somehow. Mine looks just like yours, but has a pinch ring to remove and drop the bulb out on a wire plug. Is there a name of the manufacturer on the fixture? I would be pretty sure that the body unscrews in the middle. Sometimes heat will make it tight. Try spraying some WD40 into the space and then get a rubber grip to hold it tight and see if you can get it loose. Looking at the construction, that is the only way they could get the lamp installed. It can't go through from the backside.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok

Just let me know if you are able to get it apart, and I will continue to research your problem and if I come across some additional info, I will get right back to you.

Have a great day!