Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Just Answer, In my townhouse I want to replace my

Good Day Just Answer,
In my townhouse I want to replace my ceiling/wall vents because they are rusted. I tried to measure myself using measuring tape measuring across and then measuring down. I ordered the ceiling/wall vents online from Home Depot and received them. In the unopened package they appear to be too big, though I am not sure, what it will look like after opening the package. What is the correct way to measure the ceiling/wall vents? I have rusty floor vents as well that I want to replace and will need to measure too. My townhouse has two floor electrical outlets with missing covers. The Home Depot online seemed to just have the whole electrical outlet including the cover. The townhouse was built in 1990, is it possible to buy just the electrical outlet covers? Or is it best to purchase and install the whole electrical outlet with cover sold? If not better or recommended then where can I purchase the floor electrical outlet covers?
Thank you.

hi Robin ............the vents get measured from the inside the vent itself not the outside rim of the cover.............for those outlets you would be better off getting metal instead of plastic .....because they get stepped on then break..........if you could upload a picture it would help out considerably...........

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie