Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a lift-master model1255k garage door that won't go

i have a lift-master model1255k garage door that won't go down by remote when temperature is below 40 degrees. will operate only by holding stationary wall button until door is completely down

Hi .............Yes it is a common problem for the safety sensors............what you might try doing is wrap a small towel tight around the sensors and see if that alleviates the issue or makes it better..........Please let me know thanks

eddie

make sure to keep the LED lights exposed so you can always see if they are aligned

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you referring to the photo sensors on either side of the door? is there a sensitivity adjustment somewhere? the overhead door next to the one in question hasn't had a temperature issue. both doors were installed in 1996.
are you referring to the photo sensors on either side of the door? YES is there a sensitivity adjustment somewhere? ​NO AND DEFINITELY NOT FROM '96 the overhead door next to the one in question hasn't had a temperature issue. both doors were installed in 1996. IS IT A COMMERCIAL OVERHEAD DOOR?........DOES THAT HAVE SAFETY SENSORS? AND MAYBE THEY HIT A WARMER AREA I know it is frustrating........but you have to see what will work.........perhaps switching them and keeping the sender sensor in the sun............but I would try the towel or duct insulation wrap for starters Thankseddie
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Eddie, I'll try that when I get home this evening. Won't be able to report until I get out of the digital hole we live in- maybe sometime tomorrow. Thanks, Charles

Sure thank you Charles

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Eddie. I'll try your suggestions when the temp gets cold again. Right now the door is working flawlessly. Your suggestions make sense- is there a good way to check the photo eye alignment? I haven't noticed any visible light coming from the sensors.

Hi Charles ........the way to check is if the LED lights on both are steady on on and not flickering......then you have the proper alignment

eddie

Thank you for the positive rating and bonus that was nice of you I hope the help was good and of sound value and you were able to make an informed decision..........if you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Eddie, I've noticed that the indicator light on one of the sensors is noticably dimmer than the others (both doors). I'll check it out when I get "a round tuit".
Thanks for your help-Charles

you're welcome..........................dimmer is okay as long as it doesn't flicker