Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I just bought a foreclosure that has a Chamberlain Whisper

Customer Question

I just bought a foreclosure that has a Chamberlain Whisper Deluxe garage door opener. I need to know how to reprogram the keypad and where to get door openers for the car.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just closed yesterday. No info or openers were given to me because it was a bank owned property.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make CHAMBERLAIN and model WHISPER DRIVE and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

4-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

6-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

7-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

9-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am at a different location right now and do not have access to the unit to give some of these answers.1-) The make CHAMBERLAIN and model WHISPER DRIVE and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? As I stated in my question, I bought the condo yesterday. No remote openers or information were given to me. I do not have a manual and do not know the model number.2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner. As I stated in my question, I bought the condo yesterday. No remote openers or information were given to me. No I am not the original owner. I'm guessing it is original to the house so 18 years.3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes As I stated in my question, I bought the condo yesterday. No remote openers or information were given to me. The wall control does open the door.4-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is? No on property to answer this at this time.5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage The power has been off while the property was on the market.6-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ? It is working. I need to know how to reprogram the keypad and where to get remote openers.7-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener? yes8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive? there is a chain9-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses? the door opens when I hit the wall control10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? This should not involve mechanical work.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

sorry to do this but I have a good amount of questions for you before you go purchasing something you don't need and about when you will be there today........and once we exchange phone numbers it will be much easier for us to get in touch with each other as to get this resolved as soon as possible.............the only thing Just Answer requires and additional charge ..........would you be okay with this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

okay................are you online now for a bit?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have acces via phone
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

you said you didn't want to do this by phone

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Online access via my smart phone.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

so you have time to continue right now??

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you just give me directions about reprogramming the keypad and where to get remotes?
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

I will ......I need questions answered ........that you said you could not provide right now so i will get us close to resolving ............you need to be patient.........and help me so I can help you

Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

are you there ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will try again later.
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 days ago.

okay .........when you'll have more time ..........I check periodically so I will message you back and we will see to hook up again

Thanks

eddie