Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

We have bamboo hardwood floors that are INTERLOCKING. The

Customer Question

We have bamboo hardwood floors that are INTERLOCKING. The contractor who installed them didn't put glue underneath them and I wish he had because now they are "rocking" when walked on. It would be very expensive in terms of labor to uninstall them, put glue underneath and then re-install them. Is there any work around or would they need to be pulled up in order to add the glue?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The only work around, we use it with solid hardwood flooring that has a squeak, is to drill an 1/8" hole into the flooring then cut the tip of a caulking tube of construction adhesive slightly smaller then inject the adhesive into the hole. The hole gets filled with a color match putty stick. But if you installer used a pad or paper under the bamboo this won't work. The only other option is to take it all apart and start over.