Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My Liftmaster Garage Door system just developed a problem.

Customer Question

My Liftmaster Garage Door system just developed a problem. Door will open with remote, however does not close with remote. When button is pushed, door does not move, light just flashes. To close door, I MUST hold onto the button of the non-remote until the door is fully down. What is wrong and how do I fix?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Has never done this before. It is a Liftmaster 1/2 horsepower garage door system. Model: 41AC050-1M
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends upon what is involved.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 25 days ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make LIFTMASTER and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

4-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

6-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

7-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

9-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Model#: 41AC050-1M
2-3 yrs old.
1 working wall mount, 1 remote.
Remote is black with black button
No recent issues.
No event, the door just stopped going down when using the remote.
yes only OEM equipment
Chain drive
Click button, light flashes only, no motor noise.
I can do minor adjustments.
Expert:  Eddie replied 25 days ago.

okay you have 2 safety sensors toward the bottom of the door..........they have either a green or an amber LED light on them ........can you tell me if they are on and NOT flickering

Expert:  Eddie replied 25 days ago.

I will check back in a few

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I just checked the two sensors, one was loose. Upon tightening it, everything is fine and now working. Thank you.
Expert:  Eddie replied 25 days ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 23 days ago.

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie