Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My Liftmaster professional formula 1 garage door opener

Customer Question

My Liftmaster professional formula 1 garage door opener began flashing and wouldn't closed. I have dealt with this before I disengaged the door so I could close it. I've checked the sensors and the door but the motor will not move even when the door is not attached. The opener is only about 2 years old.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can. If it's something simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't know
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make LIFTMASTER PRO and model FORMULA 1 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

4-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

6-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

7-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

9-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I may ask:~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~1-) The make LIFTMASTER PRO and model FORMULA 1 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes4-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage6-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?7-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?9-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments Yes
If simple
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

only one question came across as answered

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll try 1-) The make LIFTMASTER PRO and model FORMULA 1 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?
No I don't and I can't find a model number
2 years and yes
One wall control and 2 remotes
It began with 4 flashes then the garage would go back up. I disconnected this door and now the light flashes 10 times with no motor sound.5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage no6-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?
I don't know
7-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener? Yes8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?
It's a chain belt
It doesn't even move now just flashes the light
10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? Yes if it's simple
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

you have safety sensors on the rails at the bottom ......can you see a STEADY either amber or green light on both?

Most likely those have to be aligned and pointed at each other until you get a steady light........let me know if you can get that done......there could be a little more we have to do

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did check the lights earlier. Just now I found one wire loose. It's working now
Thank you!
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

you're welcome...........I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie