Nathan, General Contractor
Experience:  Experienced contractor, new builds, renovations.
59725966

I have a sentry safe. my battery has died. I have the key

Customer Question

hi, I have a sentry safe. my battery has died. I have the key but can't open the safe. I have this annoying clicking sound which I want to off. Can u advise me how to off the sound. Thanks.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The model is SFW123UDC. Probably less than a year ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't open the safe in the past months. Tried opening last night. the low battery sign came on , then the light went off. Tried pressing code again and the clicking sound came on.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think my main concern is how to off the sound . If possible open the safe with the key only. I will need later to go to the shop to get the guy who sell me the safe to teach me how to charge the battery from the outside
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

You can change the battery externally, without having to open the safe first. On the right side/edge of the keypad display area is a small cover that pops off allowing access to change the 9v battery inside.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.