Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Have a Genie Model #1024 Genie Pro. and all of a sudden both

Customer Question

Have a Genie Model #1024 Genie Pro. and all of a sudden both of our remote
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model 1024 Genie Pro model with two remotes for our cars.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: They stopped working on the same day about 2 or 3 days ago. the total unit is approximately two years old
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I checked the batteries in our remotes and both of them were dead. I bought two more batteries and they show a light when when I press the buttons. Last year the remotes stopped working and a tech came and reset the remotes. I tried to reset based on How to program a Genie Remote, but I can't seem to get them to function.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make GENIE and model PRO and/or number 1024 of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie