Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Twenty years ago I hired a men to remodel my house. He

Customer Question

twenty years ago I hired a men to remodel my house. He deserted the job. I now have a terrible leak in the roof of the sunroom which he put on the incorrect topping. I had a pool of water on the roof and it leaked into the facia, etc. I now have a hole in the eave and it is terrible. I am afraid the windows will fall out as well as the wall which he didn't put on the frame. it is hanging from the roof. Do I have any chance of getting him to fix this or suing him. He has a bad rep here in San Antonio.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm sorry but 20 years is too long to wait to sue and likely even less chance of getting him to come back to fix this. Even the best contractors only guarantee their work for 5 years max.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

If you want a definitive legal opinion please post a question in our consumer law category.