Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A BURNHAM RESIDENTIAL GAS FIRED FORCED

Customer Question

GOOD MORNING I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A BURNHAM RESIDENTIAL GAS FIRED FORCED HOT WATER HEATING SYSTEM, MODEL #204NS-TEI2 SERIAL #64187377 THE BIOLER WOULD NOT FIRE WHEN CALLED FOR HEAT, BUT AFTER REPLACING THE FIELDS CONTROL AUTO DAMPER MODEL #GVD 5 AND THE DAMPER HARNESS, THE SYSTEM OPERATED PROPERLY FOR TWO DAYS THEN ON SATURDAY NIGHT IT WENT BACK TO NOT RESPONDING TO A CALL FOR HEAT. I HAVE 24 VOLTS AT THE BOILER RELAY- TRANSFORMER. I HAVE CHECKED BOTH OF THE ROLL OUT SWITCHES , ALSO CHECKED THE TSTAT AND BATTERIES.WHEN I JUMP THE WIRE FROM THE AUTO DAMPER TO THE GAS VALVE TO THE RED FROM THE TRANSFORMER THE DAMPER OPENS AND THE BOILER FIRES UP AS IT NORMALLY WOULD BUT WHEN I REMOVE THE JUMPER IT SHUTS BACK DOWN AFTER A FEW MOMENTS. ALSO WHEN I JUMPED IT THE RELAY WOULD MAKE A CHATTER SOUND AS IF IT WERE MAKING AND BREAKING.THINKING I MAY HAVE A DEFECTIVE TRANSFORMER AND PUMP RELAY I ALSO REPLACED THAT PRYOR TO SATURDAY NIGHTS SHUT DOWN. PLEASE . HELP, I THINK I'M TO CLOSE TO THE SITUATION THAT I UNABLE TO SEE WHAT I'M MISSING. GREG C LIC ELECTRICIAN
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 27 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the model number of your boiler?