Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My craftsman 139.53681b remote is not programming. Nor my

Customer Question

My craftsman 139.53681b remote is not programming. Nor my security panel. Any suggestions?
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have changed batteries in remote.
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make CRAFTSMAN and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1-) The make CRAFTSMAN and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? not original, downloaded from internet2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner, I am not the original owner, the remote is dated 09/043-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? Green steady light4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes , 2 working wall controls and two remotes, outside and inside security panels5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is? not flashing, learn button is orange if I push to program, after 30 seconds it flashes then disappears.6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage...no, the doors have always worked properly using wall unit. remote and security panel have never worked for me nor have I programmed them7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ? I have never programmed the remote or security panels. I just purchased the house.8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener? yes9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive? chain10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses? nothing happens when I use the remote. the doors work fine when using wall unit11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? yes
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Kristen.......

okay what I would like to do is erase the transmitters then a hard reset and then and re program.......then we will get more creative as we go

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 12 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie