Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I installed a new frigidare dishwasher a week ago. The

Customer Question

I installed a new frigidare dishwasher a week ago. The dishwasher did not drain and that is due to the drain hose which I have fixed but now I am not getting any display on the pushbutton console. I have checked the breaker which is good, have unplugged it and plugged back in and can hear the ding ding noise but no display. The dishwasher is still full of water. The dishwasher has been working fine for the past week.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble with your unit. Typically when the controls are not working means the control board has failed but lets try unplugging it for 5 mins and then plugging back in to see what happens. With it having water in there could mean it has flooded and then would have to be taken out from under the cabinet and tipped at a 45 degree angle to make sure there is no water in the drip pan.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok trying that, the weird thing is the noise that dings still works when you plug it back in, I am pretty sure I hooked the plug up correctly but if I have the white and black switched, it should of not worked from the get go correct??? That should not have anything to do this problem. We have used it at least 4 or 5 times with no issue.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no go waited5 minutes same
ding noise no control panel
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

so then what has happened is your control panel has failed and will need to be replaced. If the unit is brand new I would call where you purchased it from and make them repair it.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

if you can get me the model number I can send you a link to the part I am referring to so you know the cost in the event they will not take care of the problem for you.