Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Can't program to my 2008 Lexus

Customer Question

Can't program to my 2008 Lexus
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 39 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of your opener and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) The color of the learn button

4-) do you know where the OPENER motor unit controls are?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

6-) when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Life master no manual it's new model number 1245R don't know what the learn button is Number for yes Number five and six no I didn't purchase the transmitter seven yes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do have the button to use to open the garage door
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Hi Gloria......I am just a little confused ...............you have 2 remotes that you can't program?............one that clips on your visor and the other is a HomeLink that is built into the Lexus?

the learn button you will find on the opener maybe under the lens cover .....it is a square and it is important that you could tell me what color it is

and when you say button to open the garage door you mean the wall control transmitter?

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The one remotes my visor works the one program to the Lexus does not work that's what I'm trying to program. the lens color is red for we got it fixed
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I can tell you how to program.............it would be much easier for you by phone