Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

We have a very large and expensive wooden front door that

Customer Question

We have a very large and expensive wooden front door that cost over $5000, which needs weatherstripping at the bottom. We're thinking about placing one that has an adhesive strip on it to attach it to the door. Our concern is whether the glue might damage the finish of the wood if or when we might take it off in the future. Also the stoop is marble. We'd appreciate any advice on this.
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 3 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The adhesive probably won't damage the door but it may damage the finish if you remove it. A weather strip that attaches to the bottom edge of the door may be a better choice.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Good point! I want to give you an excellent rating but the system does not allow me to rate you at this time. I will check back later to make sure you get the excellent rating.
Expert:  Rick replied 3 days ago.

Please try again