Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

We have a 40x48" cedar root dining table base that we wish

Customer Question

we have a 40x48" cedar root dining table base that we wish to use with a 1/2" thick, 1" beveled tempered glass top that is 60" x 108". The cedar root base has 10 contact points with the table top. would you think that we would be ok using this setup?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I think the length falls short of an adequate size...................30 inches on each side is a lot ........it may be tipped when some one gets up and leans on it some...........is it a half inch glass ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1/2" glass...it seems to follow the 1/3 rule...base should be at least 36"...
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

well half inch glass is pretty weighty ............you might be okay with it ............I assume you have both.........you can run a test on it ......worse comes to worst you can use a few little dabs of clear silicone on it or those clear spacers

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
expected weight is 300lbs
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I love those type of tables.................it's going to look incredible

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

If you have any additional questions so that I can receive credit or any concerns, construction.......decorating....... any kind of repairs, etc I will be here for you

thank you

eddie