canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

My tub spout turn and turns. There is no slot where a screw

My tub spout turn and turns. There is no slot where a screw would be. How do I remove or repair?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just purchased the home.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. There is not a slot on the bottom of the spout where it meets the wall of the tub? You may not see a screw there but do you see the slot? Does it squeak when you turn it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No squeak. No slot. The spout is very close to the shower surround and it has been caulked.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry. Just moved, new phone

I tried accepting the phone call offer but it says that Payment for this service failed. Maybe if I offer to you and you accept it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wshould be fine now. Before my credit card company said you were unsafe. Please call(###) ###-####

That's not really how it works. The phone call happens through the site and the phone numbers are supposed to stay anonymous. You would have to accept my offer or re-submit yours so I can accept it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will I have to pay again?

It does cost a bit more for the phone call option, yes. Otherwise we could certainly continue here in the chat.

How about I make you a YouTube video? That does not cost extra.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just use the chat please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll also take a you tube video.

Very good. I am going to make you a YouTube video. Will be a bit.

Let me know when you have watched the video and if you have any questions. I am happy to continue to help.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The service provided was excellent. However, our tub was a rig job and the solution provided did not fix the problem. It did reveal the problem though.

Very excellent. If you would like more information, just let me know. I am happy to continue to help. Mike