Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have Janome 350e. I put Compact flash with a design (5" x3

Customer Question

I have Janome 350e. I put Compact flash with a design (5" x3 1/4").
I got the following response; Short of memory space, the file cannot be save.
I need help. Eddie
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

First, before doing anything else, stick your USB stick or CF card into your embroidery machine, then turn on the machine. By doing this, your machine will create a necessary folder system on the stick/card, into which you will place your designs. Normally you will see a message on the screen of your machine that tells you not to take the USB stick or CF card out for a little while. Once this message goes away, turn off the embroidery machine, and remove the card/stick.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Preparing Your Storage Device

Finding Your Storage Device On Your Computer

Now plug your USB stick into your computer, or insert your CF card into the CF card reader of your computer. We now want to open a new window and navigate through the computer to find the USB stick or CF card. I would normally access the stick/card through “My Computer”, but you may also use Windows Explorer. If you are lost at this point, you may require a lesson or two in basic computer usage, but this is beyond the scope of this blog post.

When you have successfully navigated to the USB stick or CF card on your computer, you will notice the folders that your embroidery machine made. The destination folder for your designs is shown in fig.1. For example, if you have an MC11000 or MC11000SE, you will be looking for an folder named EMBF that is inside a folder named EMB.

Once you have the destination folder open, minimize that window by clicking the _ button in the upper right corner of the window. We will come back to it later.

Finding Your Designs On Your Computer

Open up another window, and this time navigate through your computer to find the designs you want to transfer. Sometimes the designs are on CDs, and sometimes the designs are downloaded from the internet. You will need to find your designs by navigating through your computer. I can’t tell you where they are, because you were the one that put them there. I use Windows Explorer to browse through my computer, but you may also access your designs through “My Computer”. Once you have found the location of your designs, typically files with a .jef file extension, proceed to the next step.

Copying Your Designs To Your Storage Device

Copy the design(s) you want to put on your stick/card by right clicking on them and clicking “copy”.

To select more than one design to copy at a time, just hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and click multiple designs. With all the designs highlighted, right click on any part of the highlighted area and click “copy”. Next, maximize the window of your destination folder, right click inside it, and click “paste”. You will now see the design(s) you wanted to transfer in the destination window.

You can now pull the USB stick/CF card out of your computer, and insert it into your embroidery machine for stitch out. Your machine will recognize that the designs exist, because you put it in the right folder!

If you have followed my instructions, you should be ready to embroider.