Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

The lights on my Craftsman garage door opener stopped

Customer Question

The lights on my Craftsman garage door opener stopped working. I changed both bulbs but still the lights don't come on.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: All summer but not an issue really until now with the earlier sunsets.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I thought I had the model number in front of me but do not.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Hi ...........it could be that the bulbs are not making good contact now so what I would like you to start off with it ..............shut off the breaker.....remove the bulbs.....then take a pencil eraser or a ladies emery file and go over a few times the socket tab..........then take a Q-tip with alcohol and go over the bottom of the socket if it has any corrosion......then very gently with your index finger pull up that tab just a little bit so it will make contact.....put the bulbs back ........turn on the power and test..........please let me know how that went ............if it didn't we will try other solutions

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie