Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
23932409

I hired a tree removal company to take out trees but they

I hired a tree removal company to take out trees but they took 7 of completely wrong ones leaving the ones that needed to be taken out. I have taken this to small claims court which needs an actual witness who can explain the value of the trees taken out, like an arborist. Who can I call on? Also, can you provide me with information on how the value of a tree is calculated?

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

This question is on the Canada law list. I am a practicing lawyer. I cannot recommend an arborist.

I can provide legal information and can do that and explain how you would use the arborist in light of the law and what you are entitled to but that is all.

Should I go ahead?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Who do you suggest I ask this question to?

If the question is how to find an arborist this question can be moved to the general category.

Would you like for me to ask the site to move the question to that list?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My situation is that the Small Claims Court requires that I have a witness who can testify to the value of the trees lost. Who can do this? They need to attend court in Saskatoon in January, 2017.

I am not quite clear about what you want. I don't know who can do it. I do not know how to find an arborist. I asked if you wanted me to ask the site to move the question to the general list so perhaps someone there can suggest how to find an arborist in Saskatoon.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok then, do that.

Hello, tell me the diameter of each tree trunk and its height...I will see if I can locate an arborist or other qualified type such as a tree surgeon who is willing to testify in court for you.... however you can expect them to charge you several hundred dollars for their time.

Let me know if that will work for you, we can go from there.

http://www.arbourcrest.com/

second choice

http://www.thetreewhisperer.ca/

Its time to locate the 'finish and rate' link, and click on it. I can provide any follow up you might need at that point. Thanks

Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Retired contractor, 51 years experience
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the links to 2 arborists. For court, I need a "consulting arborist" if you could find one in Saskatchewan please.

Hello again, look this persons credentials over, those should qualify him suitably as a consulting arborist.

http://www.arbourcrest.com/

Give him a call and ask about his certifications and qualifications to testify in court as a 'consulting arborist'.

Once we have the problem solved please locate the 'finish and rate' link and rate my work, that is the only way the company pays for my time, lacking that I work at my own expense. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still have not obtained a consulting arborist but thank you for your help.