Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

Are there any welding experts? (there is no category for

Customer Question

Are there any welding experts? (there is no category for welding)I need to weld a bumper for a large step van. 8 feet wide 10in depth (pic of approx design attached)I don't have a large welding table and I'm concerned about warping. I brace, clamp and tag weld everything first to prevent lateral/horizontal warping (red items in second pic), but I'm concerned about vertical warping.I might just lay it on a cement pad and weight it down.My question is how much weight do I need out at the ends to prevent it from curling up? 50? 100? 150 lbs?
How about the short ends of the 2 x 2 square tube? They will need to be weighted down also.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Did you still need help on this here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
sure. What do you think?
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

Since no one here has posted any info related to this weld here have you spoke with a repair facility in your area at all to see if they can tell you what is needed here for this?