Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I try to set limits on my Genie 3042 silent max 1000 and it

Customer Question

I try to set limits on my Genie 3042 silent max 1000 and it only inches forward an inch for each press. Why?
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the two red lights stay solid consistently and because it's inching only per press being a 30sec time out. I don't know what to do and my opener doesn't work all of the sudden
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for.

1-) what exact process are you using to set the limits?

2-) do you have up and down arrow keys with 2 blue LED lights next to them ?

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is belt drive the sensors are good the wall remote was working fine and all of a sudden it stopped working although the garage door opening itself wasn't working all it is saying is too steady red lights which means limits are not set properly as I try to set them properly when you're supposed to press the arrow's it's supposed to open the garage door as normal to us to where you want it but it is not it is only inching and it only give me 30 seconds to open the door and set the limit as you press and hold the arrows the garage will come up but it is only inching
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

start with the door open and lets do the down limit first

Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

are you there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Already done. As it is setting it is only inching forward press by press. It is suppose to press and hold until the garage isfully down, but it's only inching.
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

lets try a hard reset then.........do you know if you have a battery back up?

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the learn button for 10 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No backup
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

okay lets give this a shot then ............you know how to reprogram the remotes right ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yea.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am hard resetting it
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

how are we doing with this?

Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie