Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

The joystick indicates a full charge but it will not move.

Customer Question

The joystick indicates a full charge but it will not move. There is a chair symbol flashing on the console. The circuit breaker is in.
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: The serial number is ***** I have not consulted anyone but you yet.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The reason for the flashing chair symbol.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

There are a few things that could happen. Without looking at it, I really cant say what the root cause is. The common issues are: 1) a loose motor connection 2)a loose battery connection but this should correct once you cycle the power 3)a bad brake solenoid. Just recently i had a similar situation and the indicators showed that it was a bad joystick, when i checked the wiring harness, i found a broken wire to the brake solenoid. Get a tech to look at it first. It may be a simple fix. They should be able to narrow down the search if they put a programmer on the controller to see what the actual fault is. Please inquire if they have a programmer that will work on your chair before they come out. I think this will be the only way they will be able to quickly identify the issue.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I was wondering if you had a moment to look over the information I had provided you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All wires are intact. I need the reason for the flashing chair symbol. My info packet only gives numbers for any indicators on the console.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.
Ok so the serial number won't let me pull up your exact model. What is the model number
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
QUANTUM 600
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.
Ok typically when a symbol is showing with the chair is there a person that looks like they are sitting in it to? If so it means maximum weight
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.
If you are not seeing a person sitting in the seat are there any lights flashing?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. Just the flashing chair symbol.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

is this what you are seeing?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Have you had a chance to look at what I sent you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The symbol you sent does not match what is flashing. The view is from the front right at a 45 degree angle and an open end wrench symbol is showing now.