Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Need advice on garage door opener

Customer Question

need advice on garage door opener
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. What is your question?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
having trouble resetting garage door opener. Its a quiet drive model no.425-1656
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

I'm not familiar with that model. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make XTREME and model QUIET DRIVE 425 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non working ?

8-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1-) The make XTREME and model QUIET DRIVE 425 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? serial no.###-##-#### model#24040/24050 also model#2211-D manufacture date 1011 yes I have the manual2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner 8yrs old (this is a guess) yes I am the original owner3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? 1 side green the other side red not blinking lights are on.4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes the wall control is not working now that the door is not working. There is one remote outside (have to press a code#---it beeps once when I enter my code both car remotes beep once when pressed5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button no flashing lights the color of the learn button is yellow force button blue limit button white up is green down is red6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage no7-) what happened that made it go from working to non working ? put on manual to open door all the way up. now I cannot get it to reset. Go through the Travel Limit Adjustment directions which I have done many times and no results. get to the part where you push Force button it beeps but door does not travel up and down. when I set the up limit and press limit button the OK flashes and both up and down lights come on8-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener? yes9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive? belt10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses? nothing11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? yes I will try
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

what I would like to try first before we go more into the limit adjustments is to erase the transmitters then a hard reset and then and re program

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds….If you have a MY-Q device …immediately press and hold the LEARN button again until the learn LED goes out. All codes are now erased.

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Also can yopu locate a stop bolt on the trolley bar........Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie

.

Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie