Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Working experise needed. Knowledge of fixing a stained. My

Customer Question

Wood working experise needed. Knowledge of fixing a stained wood. My daughter and her friend had accident with nail polish remover on this table. How do we fix it?Would it require professional help or can we do this ourselves?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There's no way to save the existing finish which doesn't look original to the piece anyway. Do you have any experience refinishing furniture? Can you give me a clear well focused pic of the entire piece? Is this a highly prized/valued (in your opinion) piece?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Highly prized in my friends family. I have dewalt sanders and other construction tools but have no expraince in color matching or staining and fixing this table.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can also get a better picture if it will help. Also thank so much for your help.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Ok, you don't want to sand this. And if you've never refinished furniture before you're probably better off leaving it to a pro since this is so highly prized by your family. I can tell you how to strip the finish, stain and reapply a finish but color matching is a bit of an art and may be more than you can accomplish and get satisfactory results.