Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

Is there a way to to paint interior doors using all based

Customer Question

Is there a way to to paint interior doors using all based paint without getting runs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It sounds like you're spraying but it's easier to just use a brush if spraying isn't something you do all the time. Using a brush will take a bit longer but you won't have runs.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Rick thanks for your response I spray all the time walls ceilings and when I do the doors and trim I always have used all based paint I'm trying to find a way so that I'm able to continue to spray the doors with the oil base paint without creating runs
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Well, you probably know this already but the way you avoid runs is to spray on lighter coats.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

If you're using a high volume sprayer you need to switch to a LVLP sprayer