Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

I have two fans and one remote. The fan speed on both fans

Customer Question

I have two fans and one remote. The fan speed on both fans which are in sequence is so slow on high. They don't even come on on low speed and medium speed they just barely turn. I have pulled the three speed chain on both fans and I do believe they are on the fastest speed. Even on high speed you can't hardly even feel a breeze. What can I do?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Yahoo
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Other than pulling the chain to set the different speeds, nothing because I don't know what to troubleshoot
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I am also having a difficult time turning the lights on and off but if I get a new remote I want to make sure it will work with whatever needs to be done to get a faster fan speed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Did the fans ever work properly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You may call me but only if you can also send me (via email) a detailed account of what you recommend to fix my fan speed and the new remote control?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

You neglected to say you had a new remote in your original question.

1. Does the remote do anything?
  2. If so, did you try holding the fan button down to regulate the speed, not just tap it?