Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

We have a LiftMaster Model 8365-267 and the wired opener

Customer Question

We have a LiftMaster Model 8365-267 and the wired opener button is flashing Amber color and not opening or closing the door. Also, one of the safety sensors attached to the door track is solid Amber color and the other is solid green.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: See above
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I believe the fix is minor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have a wireless keypad mounted on the outside door jamb and that seems to be working fine. Also, the door opens and closes when you use the buttons on the actual unit. The wireless remote also works.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

If I may ask:

1-) The make LIFTMASTER and model 8365- 267 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? SOLID ON

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control NO and how many working remotes 2

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor? goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1. No manual
2. 2 years +/-, yes original owner
3. As I said before, both solid, one Amber one Green
4. Wall control does NOT work, at least 2 working remotes
5. No flashing lights on the unit itself. Do not see that learn light is glowing
6. Perhaps a power outage at some point
7. Do not know
8. Yes
9. Chain
10. Explained in previous notation
11. Yes
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

It seems there is a problem with the wall control itself...........either the wire/ and or control transmitter has shorted or gone bad.............we can test this and you will need a 6 inch piece of low voltage wire and a ladder to go up to the opener

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try to find a piece of low voltage wire and get back with you
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

there is another way we can start if you want

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure, what's that
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

we can go from the wall control end ............if you can take it off and expose the two wires that are attached to it ....................then touch the two of them together and see if the garage door moves

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!