Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Kenmore window unit air conditioner. 'Twas working

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore window unit air conditioner. 'Twas working good until we went on vacation two months ago when I unplugged it. Today I plugged it back in and it won't come on. The light on the power cord is on so that tells me it is getting power. I did the reset process....no luck. What do I need to check? Thanks.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you tonight. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your AC what is the model number on your unit so I can pull up trouble shooting issues.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
253.79184010
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.
  • Faulty motors: In most cases, your A/C unit will shut down entirely if its motor is faulty. You will need to decide if your motor can be repaired or if it must be replaced.
  • Faulty compressors: Problems with your compressor may cause your A/C unit to shut down. Keeping your compressor clean can help to prevent these problems.
  • Dirty evaporators, filters or condenser: Dirt and buildup in an A/C system is one of the leading causes of breakdowns. Be sure to have your unit serviced on a regular basis to prevent these problems. If your unit has filters, they should be changed according to the manufacturer’s schedule.
  • Refrigerant shortages: If your A/C unit doesn’t have enough refrigerant, it may not turn on or may not operate correctly. You should always have a professional technician check refrigerant levels and change these fluids.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

There is also the possibility which I am leaning more towards is the transformer has gone bad. This is the part for your unit.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kenmore-Air-Conditioner-Transformer/5304471063/1514187?modelNumber=253.79184010&ss=a16b6d918276&mr=1

If you have found this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my time. If you have any follow up questions rating does not stop you from reaching back out to me on this thread.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I am not sure if you have had the chance to view my answer or not but please do follow up with me if you have any questions.